header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, May 29, 2009

entry arrow2:06 PM | On a Pause

1. I've decided not to Facebook for a while. I've deactivated my account temporarily, just to see how I can live through the withdrawal that will rock my minutes in the coming days. Facebook was virtually taking over my life -- and while I still love that social networking platform and all that it can do, I did not like the sinking feeling at the gut of everything that most of my days seemed geared for Facebook moments. (Camwhoring at the beach! Pang-Facebook album! A sudden witticism! Pang-Facebook status! and all that jazz...) It was getting pathetic.

2. Of course, it also means this: I had my heart broken again. For the second time in less than a year. That has got to be some sort of record for me. Heartbreaks like this do give you pause. About what it all means. Why we submit ourselves to the same dogged pursuit of what Paz Marquez Benitez has called "the light of dead stars, long extinguished, yet seemingly still in their appointed places in the heavens." What the f***k was I doing? I don't want to love again. Kapoy na.

3. Work. Work will save you.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS