header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

entry arrow4:28 AM | In the Wee Hours

We heard the first rooster crow in the signs of the coming dawn, and so we finally decided to succumb to sleep, after hours of listening together to songs we both love. But I can't sleep now though. There are too many things in my mind. Life, for the most part. And beautiful music. And you. You fill everything in my head. A while ago, I told you I can't exactly remember the date I finally met you last summer. Was that three months ago? More or less? But I can't bring myself to really care. Calendars have no meaning now in my world, and -- to quote Borges -- the only thing that matters is that "being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." I do remember though that fateful day when you gave me that sweet double-take when I passed by you on that corridor -- a gesture that has led us to where we are right now. Sometimes, I think about how time flies, and how it also crawls, gently, like the passage of truest happiness. How utterly magnificent these days have been. So, thank you, Dev. And see you when Tuesday evening comes.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS