header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, March 19, 2010

entry arrow7:54 AM | Milk

I used to love drinking milk, until sometime ago I developed what medical science calls lactose intolerance. I asked my nephew, Charles Louis Moncal, a medical student, if there was anything I could do to tame it, the way you can do an allergy -- like drinking more milk? until my body just learns to accept the fact that, dammit, this guy loves milk? "You can't, Tito," Caloy says. "You lack the enzyme na to properly digest lactose."

Well, how did I lose it? Did it fall out of my pocket when I was in line at the bank? Did somebody steal it? Did that stupid enzyme crawl out of me when I was asleep in college?

"So how come I can still eat ice cream and have cream in my coffee?" I asked.

"Must be a mild form of lactose intolerance."

"Are you sure I can't just tame it? Drink more milk and let my body get used to the idea?"

"You will only get thinner that way."

"Huh? How come?"

"Because of the constant discharge," he smiled.

Thinner. Hmmmm....

On second thought, a diet based on constipation is never a good idea.

Think of the skidmarks.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS