header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, December 30, 2010

entry arrow7:28 PM | Hitler's Tea Party



I love Bob Fosse's Cabaret [1972], that classic campy musical about Berlin in the Roaring '30s, before the Nazi took to power. Much has been said about this film, a bisexual love story between a luminous Liza Minnelli and Michael York (before he became the Anti-Christ in all those Left Behind movies), and I won't add anymore to them, except that I'm happy to note I've seen this film finally, in its entirety, without pause or distraction. All I want to say however is that the resurgent Nazi Party in the film looks and sounds just much like the Tea Party in America right now -- staples of comedy at present, but in danger of taking hold of American future soon enough. (They already have Congress.) I sincerely hope this doesn't happen. In any case, Heil Sarah Palin and Glenn Bleck!

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS