header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

entry arrow4:23 AM | Dear Gregory Peck



I was watching Alfred Hitchcock's Spellbound [1945] a few hours ago, his much-derided early work that nevertheless contains traces of themes and motifs that would become full-blown devices in North by Northwest (the pursuit of winged contraptions!), Vertigo and Notorious (the switching of identities!), Psycho (the full psychological accounting!), and Marnie (the splurging of psychoanalysis!). Plus, it has the beautiful Ingrid Bergman, too, a movie star I have always worshipped since I discovered her in high school. (High school! That was how far back I knew about Ingrid Bergman!) But all that did not matter to me as this one realization quickly dawned: Gregory Peck, this young Gregory Peck of the sad eyes and the lean frame. That's him. That's the guy of my dreams. Oh dear God. I'm in love with a dead man's shadow.

Labels: , , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS