header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, December 24, 2012

entry arrow4:41 PM | Afternoon of Christmas Eve

I waited until the early afternoon to do my noche buena shopping. I couldn't resist the idea of becoming lost in the surge of people, and I was not disappointed. The day was crowded. That didn't faze me. On the contrary. I waited patiently in line with my basket of groceries, reading a few paragraphs of Daniel Boorstin's The Discoverers while listening to Yo-Yo Ma playing Pyotr Illich Tchaikovsky's Andante Cantabile for Cello Solo and String Orchestra. The music did it for me: set to it, the crowd looked almost cinematic, the hubbub reduced to a kind of slow motion that was amusing. I love how I manage to entertain myself.

Labels: , , ,


[1] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS