header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, October 06, 2014

entry arrow11:47 PM | Better Than a Lang Leav Poem

I went to see the love of my life
The one who is not my life
But who turns mysterious meaning-
Less suffering into happy, tiny bits of
Breatheable grace.
I went to see the love of my life
The one who loves me less or
Less than less, or most than most
Of all, but I'll never truly know. Love
Being light or nameless shadow,
Depending on her own pain that only
She can know.
I went to see the love of my life
The one who will leave me out of love
Or love's disappoinment. And who
Will not forever live, or whom I will
Leave never willingly unless she
Leaves first. As summer grass. As
Silence green amongst trees.
I went to see the love of my life
But she isn't here. And I am told,
No matter, no matter. Life goes on
And it does all around me and all
Around her wherever she is.
And the arms holding her now. And
Arms holding me that are my own
Arms inside the cold bus with my
Painful fingers all nerve and bone.
Love and life. My love. My life. Small
Things that want to be everything
And are, the only things, until the last
Word you see:


~ Ramil Digal Gulle

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS