header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

entry arrow5:22 PM | Tropical Edelweiss



Why is there water under my eyes? What's going on? Thank you, Anthony Bourdain. This episode of Parts Unknown felt just ... right. I suddenly want sisig, and Jollibee Chicken Joy, and halo-halo, and kare-kare, and ice-cold San Miguel Beer. And it's just dawning on me that no matter how much we think we are all different from each other, Filipinos share the same story. When I hear "Edelweiss" now, I think of palm trees and halo-halo and balikbayan boxes. And Lola Aurora.

Here's Bourdain blogging about the episode.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS