header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, June 06, 2016

entry arrow6:32 PM | Secret Love

What's your favourite secretly gay song? For me, it's this:



It's Doris Day singing "Secret Love" from David Butler's Calamity Jane (1953), where Ms. Day plays as a manly cowgirl the historical American frontierswoman and professional scout known for her claim of friendship with Wild Bill Hickok.

How is the song, composed by Sammy Fain and Paul Francis Webster for the film, secretly gay? Read between the lines...

Once I had a secret love
That lived within the heart of me.
All too soon my secret love
Became impatient to be free.
So I told a friendly star,
The way that dreamers often do,
Just how wonderful you are,
And why I'm so in love with you.
Now I shout it from the highest hills,
Even told the golden daffodils.
At last my heart's an open door,
And my secret love's no secret anymore.
Get it? Get it?

#PrideMonth2016

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS