header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

entry arrow1:30 PM | The Instinct in Art-Making

I have a fondness for films about artists, and I'm rediscovering Ed Harris' take on the life of American abstract expressionist Jackson Pollock. His Pollock (2000) is gritty, and admire how it manages to capture not just the art but the work involved in the art-making. How haunting it can be, and also how liberating. And when you learn to trust the process enough to go by gut feel, th discoveries you make along the way can be exhilarating.



I can't remember the first time I saw a Pollock painting. I think it was in New York.

Labels: , , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS