header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, May 14, 2016

entry arrow9:33 AM | Pinoy Short Films I Miss



Just saw Cesar Hernando's Botika Bituka (1985), an iconic Filipino short film that the late film critic Alexis Tioseco wished would get a video transfer from its original print. (It finally did!) Sadly, I've lost a bunch of Filipino short films -- including Laho by Fruto Corre (1988), Ang Babae Kapag Nag-iisa sa Maynila by Avic Ilagan (1995), Trip by Juan Pula (1993) -- which did not make the transfer from VHS to digital. I used to screen these films a lot as an introduction to Philippine cinema. And I wish I had copies of these crazy+beautiful films again.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS