header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, September 07, 2019

entry arrow10:00 PM | Loving What You Do

I saw someone sing his heart out tonight. It was a classical crossover concert at the Luce, and one of the singers confessed how fantastic it was to be there on stage when only earlier this year, he had been diagnosed with cancer. But tonight, he was singing like his life depended on it. It was beautiful watching someone do something he loved with so much clarity, and with the verve to go with it. He sang long, he sang high — and he transported all of us on music that was clearly ripped from his soul. He was having the time of his life. Watching that, I thought: I want that clarity. I want to do the thing I love best, with all the beauty I can muster, because life is just too goddamn short.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS