header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, May 31, 2021

entry arrow10:17 AM | Mrs. Yañez

I suddenly remember Ma'am Yañez, my Religious Studies teacher in high school. I love her. I remember having to read the Bible in front of the class. That's how I got rid of my public speaking stutter. [Yes! I stuttered when I read aloud in public when I was younger.] I practiced reading aloud the Bible in private at home, enunciating words like there was no tomorrow, because I knew she'd be calling people to read at the top of the class. In a sense, I owe my public speaking skills to a religion teacher. Also: by the time I was under her, she was no longer throwing Bibles at erring students. I love her.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS