header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, July 01, 2021

entry arrow12:30 PM | Pinoy Video Essayists on YouTube



A few months ago, I posted this on Facebook: a search for video essayists on YouTube that tackled Filipino culture, history, and the arts. The resounding response in the comments was that there was none. It gnawed on me for a long time, which is why I decided to test the waters late last month. [I have two video essays up over at my channel!]

I’ve also since discovered a few like-minded souls, and here are some Pinoy creatives trying to fill the gap:

The Chismis on the worldwide Pinoy creatives.
Karl Castro on design.
The Unplanned Life by Maryanne Moll on DIY and notebooks, etc.
Kirby Araullo on history and culture.
Brief History on history.
Brand Origins on business.
New Republic Mapper on culture, history, technology, and politics.
Talking History by Ambeth R. Ocampo on history and culture.
Cinetactic on Filipino film.

Subscribe!


Labels: , , , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS