header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, December 16, 2006

entry arrow6:15 AM | Obscure This

I had a poet friend once who was quiet snobbish about his own writings, prefering to be obscure rather than be "compromised" by Palanca awards or by literary editors "who have no taste." I remember rolling my secret inner eyes. (I kept a poker face when he pronounced all that.) Then this quote from Conrado de Quiros came to me: "Writing obscurely [is] just a good excuse to write badly. You could always blame the reader's lack of depth for your incomprehensibleness."

How true.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS