header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, March 15, 2007

entry arrow10:21 AM | Idol Junk

I was watching American Idol with Diana Ross last night, and I was horrified by the gay jokes, the flat notes, Paula's slow nervous breakdown, the excruciating arrangements, the unbelievable deafness of the judges (what was that praise for Jordin Sparks' horrid rendition of The Land Before Time theme?) and the bad hair. Mostly Sanjaya's bad hair. Yes, I like the two new divas in the show, but I can't seem to find anybody to root for in this batch. Nobody. I'm not sure I am watching American Idol again. Not with the same devotion I used to have at least. The show has jumped the shark ... with mediocrity. (Entertainment Weekly's Michael Slezak gives the rundown.)

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS