header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, July 29, 2007

entry arrow1:07 PM | Get Wasted Online

Wasted, Gerry Alanguilan's seminal graphic novel of obsessive love, is now available in serialized form online. The work, which I include as one of my primary readings for my Philippine literature class in Silliman University, is a thing of stunning beauty -- if one manages to go beyond the blood that drips in almost every page.

Gerry writes: "Why bring Wasted completely online? I think I've reached pretty much all that I can reach with the print version of Wasted. It had been printed, published and distributed several times in the last 12 or so years and the only thing left for it is to bring it online if it's ever going to find new readers. The decision to do it came with my decreasing wariness about webcomics and acceptance that it's a strong and valid way to share stories. I'm still dubious one can make serious money out of this, but I've never done Wasted to make money anyway. Who knew something I finished writing and drawing 12 years ago would still be of interest to readers? I'm only doing this because I just want the story get out there. Whatever comes after I'll just wait and see. Wasted begins serializing, one page a day, 7 days a week, on this site on July 16, 2007. The most current page will be on this page, while the strip will be archived at Web Comics Nation."

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS