header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, February 11, 2008

entry arrow5:05 PM | Weekend Pain

I don't know what hit me Saturday. I had great plans for that day, including a lecture on Philippine poetry to start at 2 in the afternoon. But in the middle of waking up to a great sunny morning, still on my first cup of brewed coffee (a perfect blend of arabica and barako), the cycle of pain started coming in, my stomach suddenly a battleground of sorts. It was reminiscent of the amoebiasis I got from years back. I was doubling up the rest of the day, and I canceled everything, opting instead to lie on my bed until the dark hours. Sunday was no better, although I was able to go out for lunch with my mom. By the evening, the pain returned, in small does this time, but still a bit crippling. Today seems to mark out new territory in melancholy. Even Mark feels it, too. I shall hope for better tomorrows for the rest of the week. In the meantime, here's me trying to get better.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS