header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, May 16, 2008

entry arrow10:21 PM | What Can I Say About Rogue?

I've been buying every single issue of Rogue since it debuted a few months ago...



... and so, what can I finally say about this magazine that bills itself as...



... a compendium of "lifestyles on the edge"?



It's consistently great! Unlike most of the other local magazines of its kind, it does not leave me wishing I did not shell out P180 for lousy photos and even lousier articles. The feature articles are intelligent and provocative. Their annual portfolios are artfully conceived. The art direction is groundbreaking and fresh. And it is one of only a few Filipino lifestyle magazines that actually publish fiction by local writers, counting among its contributors Jose Dalisay Jr., Luis Joaquin Katigbak, Yvette Tan, and Nikki Alfar.

Go buy this month's issue, and keep subscribing.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS