header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

entry arrow3:18 PM | Life is Good




"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with
somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

- Billy Crystal as Harry Burns in
When Harry Met Sally...


These days, I love how every single day seems to me like a promise of better things to come. It's like I've taken a large dose of existential Ecstasy, and I'm still reeling high. And great things are already coming in naman, like a great flood of blessings and good surprises. Sometimes I scare myself about how happy I feel. I tell myself this can't be real -- but it's there, and I don't have the heart to question it. In Manila, John (or was it Claire?) told me, "You're quite a bundle of energy." And it's true! I couldn't wait to do this or that, I was practically terrorizing my companions into coming with me for one adventure or another. ("John," I told him last Wednesday, "ayaw na kapoy-kapoy. We can always rest when we get home to Dumaguete and Davao." Sorry, John!) There's always a goofy smile on my face (today especially), and nothing -- not even the demands of work and travel and odds-and-ends of responsibilities -- can seem to erase it.

So I wish everybody this kind of happiness. To live each day to the potential you can best imagine it can have. And belated Happy Valentines Day to one and all.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS