header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, January 31, 2009

entry arrow10:57 AM | Kuwento

I was watching Manolo Quezon in The Explainer a while ago in ANC. He had Grace Nono on, and they were talking about how to exactly promote the traditional oral literature we have in the country. I tuned in because I teach this as part of my extensive Philippine literature course. One of my problems in class has always been how to motivate -- naah, make would be the word -- my students do the reading. (Most don't read anymore, or can't be bothered, which is sad.) Manolo, however, made one observation that made me think: how ours is basically a "kuwento" culture -- so why not adapt our stories into audio books?

And I went: there's an idea.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS