header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, May 28, 2020

entry arrow4:33 PM | Larry Kramer, 1935-2020



I've been holding off giving my usual personal tributes to people I've admired when they pass on simply because there has been too much of these passings on of late. But I couldn't ignore Larry Kramer. When I began studying gay literature with some seriousness in the 2000s, his name was the one name that kept popping up, and quickly I learned who he was: author of the play The Normal Heart and the novel Faggots, angry man of American gay literature, and the activist who led the chorus of angry voices damning the American establishment for turning a blind eye to the ravages wrought by the early waves of the AIDS crisis in the 1980s. He is probably the most important figure in gay literature and LGBTQ activism, and for all that he has done, he should be remembered.

Read The New York Times obituary here.

Labels: , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS