header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, June 03, 2021

entry arrow11:51 AM | Clarity

Again in the interest of being vocal about my mental health journey. It’s not the new concentration I like best about this treatment I’m getting for my ADHD. It’s the new feeling of doing or embarking on something without the usual looming shadows of apprehension that paralyzed me the past few years. I’m corresponding with people now without the high anxiety long attached to doing that, for example. That’s a very good turn-around for me. But I’m also protective of my space, and culling what needs culling from my life. There’s clarity to things that matter. There are other things I’ve noticed that I’m thankful for, but I don’t want this post to be too long. I know I’m going to triumph over this. Note to others going through the same thing: seek professional help even if others [especially family!] dissuade you from doing so because of the cultural stigma attached to mental health management. You’ll be better off for it.



Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS