header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, March 04, 2007

entry arrow10:03 PM | The Day the Music Died

When I was living in Tokyo, the best bookstore in the world, it seemed to me, was the fourth floor of Tower Records in Shibuya. They had absolutely everything. I'd go every weekend and sprawl across any of its red-carpeted aisles and read books, and then come home to Mushashi-sakai having spent another small fortune in yen on books. (I never saved enough money when I came back home.) Now, the 60-year Tower Records has declared bankruptcy in the age of online downloads, shameless piracy, and too-many choices, and is closing its doors everywhere in the world. It's sad. It making me rethink my Limewire habit.

Labels: , , , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS