header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, August 13, 2007

entry arrow7:19 AM | Jupiter and Banyaga



Juaniyo Arcellana reviews for the Philippine STAR two recent Philippine novels by authors I know and admire. One I've already read last summer during a much-delayed flight from Manila to Dumaguete, and one I'm eager to get my hands on: there's Katrina Tuvera's Martial Law domestic drama, The Jupiter Effect, and Charlson Ong's sweeping epic through Filipino Chinese history, Banyaga: A Song of War -- both published by Anvil. In a literary landscape where everybody knows everybody and serious reviewing often takes a backseat for friendship's sake, I get amazed by how Juaniyo gets away with steadfast (fearless?) opining.

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS