header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Sunday, January 18, 2009

entry arrow12:43 PM | Television Shows Are Not Signs From Heaven

When I turned over to wake up today, I accidentally pressed the buttons of the TV remote, which took me straight to the local cable channel. And there, onscreen, was my ex, beautiful as usual, his haircut new. He was smiling, waving goodbye at the camera as the credits for his program rolled. It took me quite by surprise. I just froze. My old self would probably ask, Is this a sign? But I'm remembering what Wanggo told me last week: "Symbols are really [just] symbols and not our subconscious mind giving us excuses to go with what we really want." Which is true.

Let's get on with this suddenly sunny Sunday, shall we?

Labels: , ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS