header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, April 02, 2010

entry arrow1:55 PM | Deal Breaker on a Good Friday

Good Friday. Afternoon. Text conversation with some flirtatious young guy ...

He messages: "Busy?"

"Nope," I reply.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm reading a book and listening to music. What about you?"

"Oh. I'm just in the house, waiting to go to church. Are you going to church today?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I'm not Catholic."

"Oh. Unsa diay imo religion?"

I hesitate. I want to say, "I'm a humanist." But I want to be funny. So I text back:

"My religion?"

"Yup."

"The Simpsons." With a smiling face.

"What's that?"

I don't ever text back.

Labels: ,


[3] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS