header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Saturday, June 12, 2010

entry arrow4:54 PM | A Lesson in Dreaming

I've been told so many times in my life by people who are supposed to love me that I am a disappointment because I would not compromise, just because I insist on following my dreams, just because I would not be a nurse or one of those God-forsaken career moves where I become a zombie for a quick buck. The thing is, there are two things I know: (1) I cannot be hurried for your sake, because everything has its place in the universe, and (2) I'm just a little too young to follow your recipe for unhappiness which you mistakenly call responsibility. Your words hurt me, and I'm scared for you -- because when my dreams come true, I don't want you to fade into that part of my world where all things that don't matter stay held by the darkness where they can't touch me.

Labels:


[2] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS