header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

entry arrow8:55 AM | The Oscar 2012 Watch List

Every year, I make it a point to watch every single Oscar-nominated films (barring the short subjects) before the telecast itself, just to be in the know with the rest of the film world. Last year was a successful run, and I watched all ten best Picture nominees more than a month before the show itself. This year, I've been a bit remiss. And so, just to make sure I don't miss out on anything, I've made myself this check-list.

Best Picture
☑ The Artist
☑ The Descendants
☑ Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
☑ The Help
☑ Hugo
☑ Midnight in Paris
☑ Moneyball
☑ The Tree of Life
☑ War Horse

My money is on The Artist. I love War Horse, but it's too traditional, and no one's betting on it. I love The Tree of Life as well, but no way's this one's going to win. Hugo, Midnight in Paris, and Moneyball left me cold, and The Descendants and The Help seem like a trifle. And I hated most of Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

☑ A Better Life
☑ Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
☑ Albert Nobbs
☑ The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
☑ The Iron Lady
☑ My Week With Marilyn
☑ Warrior
☑ Beginner
☑ Bridesmaids
☑ Margin Call
☑ A Separation
☑ The Ides of March
☑ A Cat in Paris
☑ Chico & Rita
☑ Kung Fu Panda 2
☑ Puss in Boots
☑ Rango
☑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
☑ Anonymous
☑ Jane Eyre
☐ W.E.
☐ Hell and Back Again
☐ If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front
☐ Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
☑ Pina
☐ Undefeated
☐ Bullhead
☐ Monsieur Lazhar
☑ Footnote
☐ In Darkness
☑ Drive
☑ The Adventures of Tintin
☑ Rio
☑ The Muppets
☐ Transformers 3
☑ Rise of the Planet of the Apes
☐ Reel Steel

Thirty-six out of 46. Not a bad margin anymore. Still gotta do better. (But will I have the time at all?)

Labels: , ,


[2] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS