header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Thursday, January 09, 2020

entry arrow9:00 PM | An Emotional Day

I'm riding random waves of emotions today, and I don't know why. Everything is just so beautiful and so sad all at the same time. The mere thought of puppies and kittens will probably make me cry. And sad, contemplative songs have been breaking me all day.

This song, for example.



I've filed this under unexpected things that made me cry today. In "Batang Bata Ka Pa," Noel Cabangon takes an APO Hiking Society classic and in a duet with his son Gab lends this intergenerational dialogue in song about growing up and making mistakes more than a measure of pathos.

Here is a video of the Cabangons singing the song with the APO themselves...



I really don't mind being emotional today though. This is probably hormonal, but I feel strangely human.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS