header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Friday, June 22, 2007

entry arrow10:21 PM | Favorite Songs No. 12 : Kailangan Kita



Piolo Pascual first sang this Ogie Alcasid instant classic, and butchered it beyond belief. (Please do not dump infuriated comments in my Haloscan for that opinion.) Thank God, there was Gary Valenciano around to save the song around the time the movie of the same name came out. But Regine Velasquez's unrecorded version -- the only copy of which seems to be a YuoTube video of one of her concerts -- tops both: Gary's had a longing quality to it which I liked, but Regine inserts just enough pathos and power vocals to render it in something approaching glory. And thanks to a YouTube .flv downloader and a format converter, I finally have an .mp3 copy I can savor any time I want.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS