header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, October 22, 2007

entry arrow10:13 PM | Dumbledore is Gay

Of course you've already heard about it, perhaps have even read the news. Dumbledore is gay. This came out (hehehe, no pun intended) days ago. Pine for Pine first clued me in about the whole thing, but I initially thought it was a joke. (It wasn't.) I wanted to blog about it then, but I was enjoying too much my weekend with Mark. In any case, if you haven't heard about it, J.K. Rowling herself outed the famous wizard in one of her book tours in the U.S., and referred to his boyhood friendship with nemesis Grindelwald as something more than just ... well, friendship. (Don't we all start from there, hehehe.) Needless to say, I want that back story in book form now. Like The Lord of the Rings' The Hobbit, only gayer. My thoughts: all those years concocting a parallel secret love affair between Harry and Draco Malfoy blindsided us from the real deal: the guy with the gray beard was it. On another note, this would give book burners another reason to ban the Harry Potter series. First, for "advocating witchcraft," and now for homosexuality. Hurrah for Rowling.

Labels: ,


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS