header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Monday, October 29, 2007

entry arrow7:14 AM | A Fresh Start

I haven't felt this kind of peace in a long time. I don't know where it's coming from, but I'm not questioning it. I'm accepting it as one would a clean slate: with graciousness, and with quiet celebration. I only know that I woke up around 5 o'clock this morning with the vestiges of a dream, or perhaps a nightmare, and I couldn't go back to sleep anymore. Outside, daylight was yet to break, and so I went about the house tidying things up, thinking this was Monday, the first day of the week -- and there was much promise of a new start. I'm playing a little music -- something from the great John Barry, who seems to know how to calm the tempests in my soul -- and now I'm publishing my first blog post for the week. In a few minutes, I'll be taking my first cup of coffee. After that, my shower. In an hour, I'll be doing some much-needed work on my computer. At lunch, I'm off to Bethel Guest House for two days, where I'll be writing stories and finishing the remaining requirements (papers!) of my M.A. I find it beautiful that there would be no classes for the rest of the week, the first day of school delayed for a few more days, respite to tie loose ends before the crunch of second term comes. Maybe that's why I feel peaceful: it is the promise of opportunities of righting a few things before I face the challenges of newer ones. Thank God for holidays.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS