header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Tuesday, February 05, 2019

entry arrow12:28 AM | The Green Light

There was a green light, I swear, on a buoy bobbing up and down off the seaside Rizal Boulevard when I rushed past it near midnight on the way home. It was very distinct in the total darkness of the sea that betrayed no horizon, and for a moment there, I felt Gatsby’s ghost whispering in my ear, willing me to believe in the green light, whatever it promised, whatever future it held that continued to recede and elude me. That was all there ever was, at least now, and I still dream so feverishly of the day when I can breathe calmly, the dream fulfilled. The green light is a lie, and when my tricycle sped past the slight curve that turned Rizal into Flores Avenue and I could no longer see the sea, I felt relief disguised as a modicum of happiness.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS