header image

HOME

This is the blog of Ian Rosales Casocot. Filipino writer. Sometime academic. Former backpacker. Twink bait. Hamster lover.

Interested in What I Create?



Bibliography

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

entry arrow1:03 PM | Nursing Blah

The first time I heard or read about the whole nursing board exam fiasco, I felt angry. I thought it had greater moral imperatives not a lot of the people involved could see, blinded as they were by their particular circumstances. The only way out of that mess, I thought, was a retake. But of course the nursing graduates themselves and their parents (and no less than the PRC itself) howled in protest upon that recommendation, citing among other things, the finances involved in retaking the exam. The whole tone of their argument then was this grating consideration that these graduates had plans to go abroad already. (If you don't believe me, read my old post for the actual quote.) The government did not help by flipflopping too much on the issue. And now, we have this. Makaulaw to the max, given that nang-hangyo jud ta kaayo given the shady aspects of the whole controversy. But really, who cares anymore about people who does not see the merit of embarking on a way to redeem themselves? I say let them go to Ethiopia. There is no CGFNS there.

Labels:


[0] This is Where You Bite the Sandwich





GO TO OLDER POSTS GO TO NEWER POSTS